.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dog Harness (Day 15)

Today I decided to bite the bullet and get a harness for Casey. It just so happened that I fell upon a clearance sale at Petco and was able to get a large harness for $4! Score! I took Casey for a walk to the bus stop wearing it for the first time and it was like a miracle took place. She was easy to control and she trotted along with me but left plenty of slack in the leash. It was almost enjoyable to walk her! I was so excited with the results. The only issue was that the harness was a tad too big for Casey. I had gotten the larger size so it would last her a while. However, she was able to lunge forward at one point and she almost slipped through it.

I returned to Petco with her, and the girls, to see if there was another smaller harness on sale. After a dramatic encounter with a large German Shepherd in the store, we found a medium sized harness and a retractable leash on clearance. I got both for only $5!! What a deal! She is now wearing the harness around the house to get used to it. She doesn't seem to mind it a bit. She kept biting at the larger one while wearing it, probably because it hung a little low in the front.

As a side note, Casey is taking the potty-treat thing a little far. She has managed to discover that if she wets twice, she will get two treats! The second try is usually a drop or two and she runs right over to me to get her reward. Silly puppy...or smart puppy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, It really is incredibly fantastic and informative website. Good to discover your site Very well article! I’m simply in love with it.
    ______________________
    Beaverton dog trainers

    ReplyDelete