.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 16: Crate attack

Today was hot, I do understand that. But in my defense, I had the air conditioner on for a while to get the room a comfortable temperature. I made sure you were well hydrated. I had a fan pointed at you while you were in the crate. I didn't want to work for 2 hours today any more than you wanted me to. But, Casey, did you have to destroy your crate?? Of course you did! I totally understand that it was warm, you had no idea when I would be back and you panicked. No worries. It is fine. I would have behaved exactly the same way.

So...I had to revamp Casey's crate today after the tore up the cardboard in a frantic moment. It's fine. I am actually toying with the idea of giving her the entire crate but I am concerned that if she is not COMPLETELY housebroken, she will regress and wet in her crate if it's too big. I think I will wait a little bit longer. Not too much longer, though. She is getting bigger everyday and stretches a lot when she gets out in the morning!

Despite the heat, we managed to have a nice walk in the park today, followed by a quick run off the leash. Understandably, Casey was a little more lethargic than usual, but I am glad she got some exercise. I try to chase her in the yard with “rope” every morning but I wear out too quickly!

On my way home from work, I bought her an organic homemade dog treat at the farmer's market in downtown Salem. They had such a great selection that I couldn't decide. Biscuits of all shapes and sizes. All kinds of wonderful, natural ingredients. I finally asked the woman behind the stand for her recommendation. She said that for a puppy, the brown square wafer-like one was best. It could be broken into pieces for training and dogs LOVE it—she claimed. Not until I had already bought it did I realize that I had purchased a grilled, seasoned beef LUNG. Gag. Oh, well. I already gave Casey half and she seemed pleased. It took the edge off her indignation at being left alone in the crate today. Nothing like a little beef lung to smooth over hard feelings!

No comments:

Post a Comment